by Kaylee Baez
For many spirited football fans, Super Bowl Sunday is the most important day of the year. For others, Feb. 2 will still be marked on the calendar as a time to get together with friends and family to enjoy the final football game of the season. As the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks make their way to Metlife Stadium, remember these steps to guarantee yourself a touchdown when throwing the best Super Bowl party of the year.
1. Decorate your house: Having streamers the color of both teams and Super Bowl napkins, plates and cups adds to the excitement. Get creative, and don’t be afraid to take risks. A small trip to Party Stop is all it takes to make you the Super Bowl Champion Party Thrower of the year.
2. Chips, Salsa, Guacamole & Three-Layered Dip: Tostitos chips and salsa should be number one on your shopping list lineup. Number two should be the fresh avocados, tomatoes, onion and lime to make the meanest guacamole of the game. Third is the classic three-layered dip made up of cream cheese, beans and cheese. Super Bowl Sunday won’t do without these traditional dishes, so don’t fumble and forget to shop for these party favorites.
3. Is it really the Super Bowl without wings? Have you ever been to a Super Bowl party with no wings? If you have, then chances are it wasn’t a very good party. Buffalo and honey barbecue wings are a must. These essentials are not only delicious, but they are also easy to make. Grab some plain wings, load them up with sauce and bake to serve. If you’re not much of a cook, order wings of a variety of flavors from Famous Daves.
4. Don’t Skip Out on Commercials or Halftime: The unforgettable commercials and the Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers Halftime Show are Super Bowl Sunday spectacles you won’t want to miss. Don’t be scrambling to make last-minute to make fancy hors d’oeuvres. Have everything prepared before the game so that you can sit back, relax and watch the show.
5. Invite friends & family: Super Bowl Sunday is all about good company. Plan ahead. Don’t wait until the last minute to text your friends begging them to come to your house. Super Bowl Sunday is not a last-minute type of occasion. Make a Facebook event and invite your closest friends and family ahead of time.
6. Have some team spirit: Regardless of whether your team made it or not, this is your chance to go all out on football attire. Wear the jersey of your team and don’t be afraid to use body paint when showing your spirit.