by Lauren D'Amico
Every time New Year’s day comes around, I am left helpless. Each year, I make a list of resolutions, none of which ever become a reality. This year, I am going to set my standards a little bit lower. Here’s what (I hope) I can achieve in 2015:
1.I am going to make a real effort to adjust my following-to-follower ratio on the Gram. Of course, more likes wouldn’t hurt either.
2. This year, I vow to learn every single lyric to every single song on Nick Jonas’s new album. Mostly for the times when I am alone, jamming out in my car.
3. I want to travel to as many places as possible. Mainly because I would rather not stay in Westfield and clean my room, do my homework or listen to my parents yell at me for things I didn’t do.
4. I also think it’s time to change my eating habits. Instead of eating two of every kind of the leftover Christmas cookies that my mom baked, I guess I could try eating only one of each. Cutting the extra cookie out of my diet will have to suffice because if I went on a real diet, it would probably only last a few hours.
5. In the new year, I hope to work on my coordination. No longer will you find me falling up the stairs, tripping over myself or trying to cover up the fact that I spilled my entire breakfast all over my outfit.
6. Furthermore, this year I am going to spend five more minutes working on my homework. I owe it to both myself and my teachers to try a little harder. And studying for those extra five minutes would add up to a grand total of six minutes each night!
7. Getting up on time every morning before school is a must in the new year. Busting through the lobby doors, in a sweat after sprinting to school was a regular occurance for me in 2014 (that snooze button got me every time).
8. In 2015, I am also going to try to dress a little nicer. Instead of following my normal schedule of dressing up on only Tuesdays and Thursdays, I guess I could add one extra “dress up” day a week. At the very least, I promise to cut out the crocs-and-socks combo.
9. My final resolution is to work on my lighter side articles. You guys can hold me accountable for this one.