by Caroline Baldwin
As the days get longer, moods get brighter and the temperature gets warmer, students begin to look forward to enjoying spring after surviving this past grueling winter. Here are a few things many students look forward to as they spring into Spring.
1. Weather. The weather is often at the top of many students lists. Waking up and walking out the door without the extra baggage of a winter jacket, hat and gloves is quite the liberating experience.
2. Bright Colors. Boys, retire the sweatpants and sweatshirts and bring out the pastels. Girls, put away the Uggs and big sweaters and break out the bright colored sun dresses. With the sun shining a little brighter it only makes sense to pop some bright colors into your wardrobe.
3. Spring Sports. Swing batta, batta! As we anxiously wait for Opening Day of America’s pastime on March 30, sport fanatics can sit back and enjoy March Madness. Even if your team doesn’t go all the way to Texas for the Final Four, there are still games for all.
4. Spring Break. Only three more weeks until spring break, fellow Blue Devils! This seven week stretch has been too long but we don’t have much farther to go. It’s the perfect time to recharge after the weary winter. Even if you aren’t headed anywhere, get outside to soak up the April sun.
5. Windows-Down Driving. There are only a few things better than driving with the windows down. With the May sun shining and your favorite music blasting it may waste a lot of gas but hey, at least it’s a mind-clearing, good time.
6. Spring TV Premieres. After a long, dark winter without your favorite show to watch, they’re finally back. Spring cleaning isn’t just for your closet, but your DVR to make room for all of the spring shows.
7. Thunderstorms. Although they keep you inside, a rainy day could be used every once in a while to catch up on all of those spring shows in your DVR. And sometimes, those loud cracks of thunder are somewhat comforting and the smell that marks the streets right after a thunderstorm is one of a kind.
8. One Step Closer to Summer. Almost everyone’s favorite season. Spring is just the season that separates us from driving down to the beach
whenever we want and having BBQ’s every night because every night is a weekend night.
We only have a few more brutal days coming our way and hopefully no more snow for eight months. Spring is a time for rejuvenation so go out and enjoy the green grass and sunshine that we haven’t seen in a very long time.