- D.C. Navy yard shooting on Sept. 16 left 13 dead, including shooter Aaron Alexis, a former Navy reservist, according tousatoday.com. Alexis had been exhibiting strange behavior and hearing voices the month prior to the shooting according to cnn.com.
- Explosion kills at least 17 people and wounds more than 30 others on a bus carrying government employees in Pakistan on Sept. 27 according to cnn.com.
- Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced democratic reforms promoting Kurdish rights and other personal freedoms on Sept. 30 according to bbc.co.uk.
- Car bomb kills at least 30 people leaving Friday prayers in Syria according to nytimes.com.
- The President of Colombia rejected the involvement of U.S. Civil Rights Activist Jesse Jackson in the release of Kevin Scott Sutay, a former U.S. Marine kidnapped by FARC rebels according to nbcnews.com.